[TriLUG] ATT gigabit internet quick review

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 3 10:16:01 EST 2016

The router does not support bridge mode.  There are lots of complaints
about it.  Here is an earlier thread about it (I'm waldo22):
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29898675-U-Verse-Business-NVG585-NAT-limit

AT&T uses 802.1x authentication with certificates that are built in to
their router firmware.

The router interface is just plain old Ethernet.

...so if you can extract the 802.1x certificate from the Pace 5268AC, you
can use any router that supports 802.1x.

That's above my skill level, though.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."