[TriLUG] ATT fiber installed and gateway/routing problem

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 3 22:58:17 EST 2016

You're looking for "NAT reflection".  Some people call that "loopback", but
I think reflection is the proper term.

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Equipment/NVG589-NAT-loopback-reflection-possible/td-p/3866231

It looks like it's not possible, but if you set it to "passthrough mode",
the router will see your Synology as having your public IP.

This is not a true "bridged" Ethernet, and adds some overhead, but it still
seems to work in most cases.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."