[TriLUG] Open source 101 event on Feb 4

Jason Hibbets via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Dec 16 18:24:06 EST 2016

If you have a good Open Source 101 talk, then you should consider
submitting to this local event on February 4th. If you don't have a talk,
then at least mark your calendar and tell your friends about this event.
See below for more details.

Jason

We're now soliciting speakers for a new one-day event that we're hosting
called Open Source 101
<http://allthingsopen.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fa12020840ae564ac627b96ce&id=0bf4352472&e=9efc910f26>!
The event takes place on Saturday, February 4, in Raleigh, NC, on the
campus of NC State University at The McKimmon Center
<http://allthingsopen.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fa12020840ae564ac627b96ce&id=6f385be6c8&e=9efc910f26>.
The deadline is one week from today - December 20, 2016. Â

Open Source 101 will focus on the open source processes and tools every
technology professional and/or student must understand (the basics). We are
looking for experts to deliver these topics at an introductory level to
current technology professionals, new to open source or perhaps those
simply wanting a refresher, and to CS/technology students from regional
colleges and universities.

If interested, you can see what topics we would like presented here
<http://allthingsopen.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=fa12020840ae564ac627b96ce&id=240ce6c17f&e=9efc910f26>,
or suggest good additions. You can also submit a talk
<http://allthingsopen.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=fa12020840ae564ac627b96ce&id=56e665cd33&e=9efc910f26>
.

Please note, we fully understand the timeframe is tight and the holidays
are nearly upon us. However, due to limited space availability and the
desire to miss mid-terms, February 4 was our only option. As a result,
we're having to move quickly.

We sincerely thank you ahead of time for any consideration.

Happy holidays!

The ATO team

BTW - The All Things Open 2017 Call for Speakers will open in early
February 2017, just after Open Source 101. We will send you an email
notification and hope you decide to submit a talk.