[TriLUG] Migrating to Fedora

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 27 13:09:07 EST 2016

Paul,

Just re-read my email and realized I addressed Peter instead of Paul. I probably was singing a Peter, Paul and Mary song `,~) Just a quick note on container technology in general. They are faster than the emulation type virtual solution and more memory efficient. So a linux host with linux guest is a great combo. It is virtually (Pun intended) the same as running bare metal. I know the first time I played with LXC, I was literally up and running with nothing more than loading a centos 7 system and installing the standard LXC software through yum. A quick online tutorial and I had a guest system running in no time. Super Simple!!! Of course there is more than just getting started, but it was surprisingly easy.
Good Luck.
John Vaughters