[TriLUG] NFS and idmapd

Jimmy Dorff via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jan 3 13:14:11 EST 2017

You need to have the domain matching on both the NFSv4 server and NFSv4
client.

$ head /etc/idmapd.conf
[General]
#Verbosity = 0
# The following should be set to the local NFSv4 domain name
# The default is the host's DNS domain name.
Domain = foo.bar.org

Under CentOS, you will want to restart and nfs-idmapd.service after any
changes.