[TriLUG] AWS/S3 hosting (was:Blogging software recommendation)

Andy Random via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Jan 22 13:31:55 EST 2017

Hi,

Excuse the slight hijack to this thread but...

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017, Igor Partola via TriLUG wrote:

> You can host a completely static site like this son S3 for pennies a month:
> no servers to administer, nothing to worry about at all.

Can anyone point me to a straight forward how to for this kind of thing.

I have a reaonable understanding of tradittional web hosting, but I've
never had any experience with AWS.

Google tells me that there are lots of how to sites on the subject but the
first couple I looked at started with things like "Sign into your AWS
account and create a bucket"

I don't have an AWS account and I don't know what a bucket is...

Can someone recommend a guide that starts from first principals and
doesn't assume you already understand how to use AWS?

Thanks & regards,

   Andy