[TriLUG] drone give-away at tomorrow's meeting

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 9 00:14:04 EST 2017

Adrian Pomilio plans to give away a FREE “hackable” drone. That means that
someone like YOU could win and receive the drone, then program it to do
cool things.

For example you could possibly hack the drone to parasitically harvest
electricity from the powerlines as it travels in stealth mode to remote
locations far away via gps, which would effectively revolutionize the world
as we know it...just make sure to publish the code open source so we can
all have one.

Of course a long range parasitic powerline harvesting drone would be
illegal, especially when you use it send Elon Musk a highly coveted special
edition 3d printed TriTux that blinks a morse code message requesting him
to join TriLUG for a speaking engagement and to donate generously to our
pizza fund.

Therefore, speaking next, we have James Vann of Vann Attorneys Firm, who
happens to be a subject matter expert in drone law. He will cover all the
loopholes in his presentation.

Once you make bail, with the help of James Vann and the TriLUG Pizza fund,
surely your hackable drone will be all over the news. If Elon Musk
successfully received the TriTux morse coded message, surely he will buckle
under the media pressure and donate generously to the TriLUG Pizza fund. In
return we could use pizza to fuel a hack night project to develop a
hackable drone that charges Tesla cars by running a parasitic wire up to
the power lines.

Then Kyle Snyder, as the Director of the Next Generation Air Transportation
program at NCSU, can help research and develop your long range parasitic
powerline hackable drone into a broadly accepted technology standard that
brings great service to our community.

Finally, by lobbying for legislative drone law reform of the NCDOT and FAA
regulations, your free hackable drone could become a historical icon
printed on all the NC First in Flight license plates along with the Wright
Brothers plane.

Make sure you attend this TriLUG event.

Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR