[TriLUG] Improvements for my church's network

Brian Henning via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 20 08:41:43 EDT 2017

> Proposed Topology:
>   Streaming PC
>   | | multiple wires
>   Switch
>   | single wire
>   ISP router

Exactly this.

Though I'll argue that streaming can benefit from aggregated links (public ones) if there are multiple endpoints for a system that doesn't support multicast.

James, is your church's intent to stream "to the cloud" (for anyone and everyone to watch live) or to stream to a single (or constant number of) remote sites?

If the former, /definitely/ stream through some 3rd party service.  It won't take many simultaneous users to saturate your upstream bandwidth.  By the way, what /is/ your upstream bandwidth?

Cheers,
-Brian