[TriLUG] ISP service: ATT vs Spectrum

Michael Rulison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Feb 7 11:44:46 EST 2023

NO TV or cell phone, etc. needed, _/only ISP connection is involved/_

I have a verbal offer from Spectrum for 300 mbs service plus 'free' cell
phone line service for $25/month for >= 2 years.

My current service is ATT 45 mbs service w/ nothing else (i.e. no phone)
for $32/month for ??(time)

They are offering 1000 mbs for $85/month, or 500 or 300 mbs for $65/month

I have copper from street into house and router/modem. Spectrum says it
would run fibre into house; ATT says from street into house would remain
copper.

My ATT has been reliable although it is a hassle dealing with their
phone agents.

Any comments on Spectrum vs ATT for ISP service?