[TriLUG] Residential IPv4 address stability, etc. (AT&T vs. Google Fiber)

tj via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 15 18:22:09 EDT 2023

Having been in AT&T fiber, google is cheaper $5 that recently having
service since last year.

I moved from spectrum (TW) that always jacked up the price..

Paid AT&T flat for $75 monthly since 2019  and never raised (knock on the
wood)

thinking to switch to google that is $70 for 1gb.

speaking IP, my IP always still the same and never changes since the
beginning, it is dynamic IP.
I believe google fiber has better service and the IP would be  mostly no
change.

using AT&T  pass-through due to using my own ip-fire.

my question is, do we need to the same pass-through for google fiber?...