[Hosting] Test, please ignore

hosting.a.t.trilug.org hosting.a.t.trilug.org
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:51:58 -0500

> One of their members mentioned that the SF software itself is a big
> pain to set  up - hardcoded with database setup, logo images, and the
> site name. Their estimate was 50 hours by someone who knows MySQL and
> PHP to get it set up.

But, do we even want to use the SF software, is the question.  If we want
to start simple,
we could just offer basically just CVS, and then add to it slowly, creating
our own system as we go...

Or, we might could find an existing alternative to sourceforge.. I'm not
sure what other choices there
are, but it might be worth some investigation...

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes.a.t.vdsinc.com

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their
revolutionary right to overthrow it.  - Abraham Lincoln

No citizen shall be denied the right to bear arms, if as a last resort, to
protect themselves from tyranny in Government. - Thomas Jefferson