simple VPN

John Beimler ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:23:52 -0400

stan briggs wrote:

>i thought that the linksys products had a vpn capability built into
>them. digging through the manuals has not, yet, shown that to be true.
>
>has anyone had any success with some simple VPNs like this?

I've just bought a Linksys *BEFVP41 for work, it has a software VPN
support (IPsec), I've only tried it at this point with a Windows 2000
host, and that works well. I'd suggest the **BEFSX41 for business use,
it has a hardware co-processor to handle the IPsec.   I've heard nothing
but good things with people using the BEFSX41 for small buisness hook ups.

Peace.

john
*