Windows DNS

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Wed Apr 20 15:18:51 EDT 2005

My company is doing an AD migration, and the topic of migrating the
Windows DNS service running off NT to ActiveDirectory domain controllers
came up.

So, being a pretty sharp Bind kind of guy, I volunteer to look over the
internal zone and see what can be cleaned up.

Hmm... *click-click*

<Spock>
PAAAIIIN!!
</Spock>

Long story short, I was wondering if anyone is familiar enough with
Windows DNS (or maybe has faced this same situation) to maybe answer these
questions:

	How do I change the properties on multiple zones at one time?

	Especially, how do I adjust the TTL for multiple records at once?

	Anyone familiar with proper configuration of Scavanaging?

	If I've got a Windows DNS server behind a firewall, and it only
hosts internal zones, there shouldn't be any special firewall configs
needed to let the DNS server do recursive queries across the Internet,
right?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
  Someone by my freaking' server! It's been on ebay for a week now. :)