Windows DNS

Stephen P. Schaefer sschaefer at acm.org
Wed Apr 20 16:13:58 EDT 2005

Jeff The Riffer wrote:

>	How do I change the properties on multiple zones at one time?
>
>	Especially, how do I adjust the TTL for multiple records at once?
>
>	Anyone familiar with proper configuration of Scavanaging?

I don't know about recursive queries, but I believe that the Active
Directory DNS keeps its data in the AD LDAP.  Perhaps you could dump
that to an ldif file, fix things, then load it up again.  Also, the
O'Reilly book on Windows 2000 Active Directory contains a nuber of
examples of VBASIC routines to manipulate AD, though none dealing
directly with DNS; I'm aware that there are perl and python libraries to
do the same, but I can't point you to much example code (there's a
little in "Perl for System Administration" chapter 6, but no DNS).

    - Stephen