Horde/IMP versus Squirrelmail

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Tue May 24 13:39:35 EDT 2005

Wow! Thanks for all the feedbacks guy. Sounds like Squirrelmail is way
more popular and easier to deal with. That's a good thing since my fellow
admins on the box aren't Sysadmins by profession (both developers, one
software and the other firmware). Not that they are unix illiterate, thank
Bob...

Oh, here's the box:

		http://www.vaxer.net/newmaple.jpg

It's a dual-processor rack server. One of my friends picked it up on the
cheap when his company popped. (Get fired, get a cheap server!)
And no, scaling isn't a concern, this is purely personal.

Security issues are a concern of course, but I'll be sure to apply what
patches are needed. And go hardcore on it with Nessus. If it turns out to
be a mistake I guess I can always switch back to Horde/IMP. Hmmm, or use
that key for CommuniGate Pro I got tucked away...

The Solaris 10 suggestion is... interesting. I'm almost tempted to do
that, but then the other guys would be hopelessly lost and I don't want to
be doing all the work all the time.

And yes, FC3 is about to be outdated by FC4. This is the first attempt at
building the new box. A red-hat style OS is critical since I want their to
be the least confusion for the other admins and maximum possibilities of
finding support on-line. Free support, of course, :)

I'd never heard of CentOS before.

*clickety click*
*scroll scroll*

*pause*

"CentOS-3 is a freely distributable OS built from the source at:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/3/en/os/i386/SRPMS"

Ok. Now I feel stupid for not knowing this, while simultaneously VERY
happy. I think. (Yes, I'm a RH weenie boy)

Man, and I just finished downloading 7 CD's of Debian the other day. I
don't know which to try on my workstation PC.

Y'all have been very helpful. Here's a cookie!

http://www.gatewayfundraising.com/images/cookie%20b.jpg