Furthering one's education

Craig Cook craig at cookitservices.com
Thu May 26 14:19:59 EDT 2005

>From my experience your Bachelor will get you a job, after that, your skills and experience counts more.

> 	o Anyone else been in this boat, or similar? What'd you do?
Have to say I did my degree straight from High School.

> 	o Are the degrees from on-line universities like Phoenix or
> Strayer generally given the same weight as "real" degrees?
I would be suspicious of online degrees.  I can't answer this though, certainly do more research into it before doing an online degree.

> 	o Would it be better to prioritize my time/money towards
> certificates and professional training?
This would be my option.

Doing a degree part time is tough.  I did 2 subjects part time and hated it.  Everyone is different though.  After working all day I was too tired to concentrate on doing school work.  I have huge admiration for anyone who has done their degree part time.

I believe more in "real world" skills.  You have to prove to your employer your value.  Industry certification would prove that faster than a degree.

Are you being refused jobs simply because you do not have a degree?

Craig