FW: last day for Triangle InfoSeCon early bird discount

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Oct 17 08:07:08 EDT 2005

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Steven Toy wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Just to clarify, this event is an offering of the Raleigh
> ISSA Chapter, which is also a non-profit 501(c)(3)
> organization.

Despite the obvious relevance, no-one on the SC mentioned
the 501(c)(3) status.

> It is not a "commercial" event.  Our organization is aimed
> at educating individuals in the Raleigh/Durham area about
> Systems and Information Security.  Although we do have
> sponsor companies who are helping to defray the cost to
> attendees, all speakers were chosen by the conference
> committee independent of sponsorship arrangements.

I wish you well.

> Are you interested in attending so that we might gain your
> organization's endorsement for next year's event?

I don't the legalities well enough to know what NSCA is
allowed to do here. However ringing endorsements, attendance
reports and reports of talks from members are allowed and
encouraged on the discussion list.

Joe