revisiting the anonymous browse issue

DeannC dcorum at crystle.com
Wed Jan 11 22:14:21 EST 2006

Hi Brian,

On your XP machine - the one that does *not* allow anonymous browsing - do
you have the "Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM
accounts and shares" set to "enable"?

(See Administrative Tools/Local Security Settings/Local Policies/Security
Options)

If this policy is enabled, that would prevent anonymous browsing. If it is
enabled, disable it.

Then, right-click on "Security Settings" at the top and choose "Reload"
from the resulting menu to apply the new policy.

Deann Corum