[NCSA-discuss] wrt54gs and openwrt, rfc1918/dhcp question

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:14:18 EST 2006

On 1/19/06, Kevin Wilcox <kevin at tux.appstate.edu> wrote:

> I believe the problem is that our friend Steven is using a WRT54GS and
> he believes it to be hard wired to use a specific IP address/range. I'm
> assuming that he came to this conclusion after logging in at
> http://192.168.1.1 with a blank username and admin as password.
>
> I wouldn't think Linksys would do something so blatantly moronic but I
> am not going to put it past any company to have said "this has been
> confusing to xxxx users, let's take it out for this model".

According to the latest available user guide on the Linksys website,
the GS also supports changing the router (internal ip) address.

I set up a WRT54GS for my mother up in CT a few months ago, and as far
as I remember it, it had the same settings options as on my WRT54G
here.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site