[TriLUG] really bad GUI design

rpjday rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 26 03:40:26 EDT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> Can you give a specific example in anaconda?  I think that for the most
> part, we've done a pretty good job of cleaning these up in anaconda.  If
> not, bugzilla is your friend :)

although it's not in anaconda, a perfect example of really bad GUI
design is rebuilding a kernel when you run "make xconfig".

if you ultimately choose to "Quit Without Saving" (which, i should
point out, uses too many upper case letters :-), you get the dialog

	Changes will be lost.  Are you sure?

		OK	Cancel

i'm not sure a dialog gets more confusingly worded than that,
particularly the "Cancel" choice, which might lead someone to
think, "cancel?  cancel what?  the exit?  saving the changes?"

just being pedantic.

rday