[TriLUG] Red Hat 7.3 - pricing & alternatives

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Tue May 7 10:03:28 EDT 2002

Rev Chris,

(In somewhat random order)

Nah bro, I wasn't planning on being there. (I figured there was enough
Debian folks there already.)     I can come by though.  I don't know if you
remember or not, but I bought a Ultra5 while I was doing my BOPS ToD.  I
wish I hadn't sold it.  My wife made me do it, really.  Anyways, it was a
nice box.  I used it with Debian and it ran flawlessly.

YMMV, but I always install stable and then upgrade to unstable.  Woody
should work though.

The Debian Installer isn't too bad.  I think its get bad press, because
people are fond of RedHat's auto disk partition tool and the SVGA GUI.

What time is the install fest anyway?  If its a saturday, I might ride up
there.  I've got stuff to do (ride to Greensboro and pick up my BMW
motorcycle amongst other things.  I cracked a cylinder and basically had a
"Head Job"), but the meet and geek oppurtunities would be good.

Speaking of motorcycles.  I'm trying to sell my Kawasaki Vulcan.  If anyone
is interested, here is more info:  http://www.skink.net/pics

JD

Chris Hedemark <chris at yonderway.com>@trilug.org on 05/07/2002 09:17:02 AM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org