[TriLUG] Sound recording/editing/archiving - where to start?

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 30 15:02:26 EDT 2002

Thanks Bill and Jeremy for the additional info.

I will be finding a computer to tie into everything, so I may invest in
a higher end sound card. It doesn't have to be high professional quality
but I don't need hissing and popping distracting people from what they
are trying to listen to either ;)

I'll keep this info and continue my research. I really need to get the
specs of the equipment that we have and figure out the best way to get
the output from the sound board into the computer. I believe we have a
multi-track digital recorder (if that's what I'm thinking of). We have
some nice equipment - I just need to learn more about it as I've just
been pulled into this project to help with the computer end.

Jeremy: I think they buy pre-formatted cds especially for burning music
due to the equipment they are using (which is not a computer). They told
me that these special music cds are more expensive (as much as $.50 more
each). So they'd like to be able to store everything on a hard drive -
and pull off what's requested and burn to a regular cd.

Thanks again for the info!!
Lisa B.