[TriLUG] Linksys WPC11 (wireless PC Card)

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Oct 31 12:52:46 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 09:43, Robert Baker wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> I got the card(s) to work!  I also installed an SMC card and when RH8 was
> booting I got the same 2 errors--oh well. Next I went in and changed some of
> the wireless settings and...it worked. I stopped the pcmcia and network
> services, put in the Linksys card, started both services and this card also
> worked.  RH8 sees both as a Lucent card, but they both work none the less.

Glad you got it working!

By the way, instead of stopping the whole pcmcia service, you can also
run "cardctl eject" to power down the card before removing it.  Then the
card should be automatically detected when it's re-inserted, and the
"hotplug" process should bring up the interface automatically.  It's
cool when it works.  :-)

--Jeremy