[TriLUG] Linux based HTML editor/generator needed

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Fri Jan 3 13:35:37 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 13:00, Greg Brown wrote:
> Hey all.  I need to create a professional, or at least semi-pro, looking
> webpage.  This requirements soundly defeats my modest HTML skills so I'm
> looking for a HTML editor/generator that runs under Linux.  So far IBM's
> websphere looks pretty good, but it's not GPL'ed code (which is a minor
> drawback, but not a show-stopper).  Does anyone have experience creating
> professional webpages with a Linux based package?  If so, what did you use
> and what were the drawbacks and benefits, if any?

I hate to burst any bubbles, but this doesn't sound good :) The others
have listed editors that will help you with your coding (I've used
Quanta with fairly good results), but if you're not graphically inclined
- no program can help. I suggest looking at the web site below for
design ideas. The designs are open source :)

http://www.oswd.org/

This should give you something to work with as far as colors and such.
You can download these files and use them in any of the editors
mentioned and add custom graphics as you wish (gimp is good for graphics
so I've heard, haven't used it yet).

If you need some help with designs/graphics - give me a yell off list
and I'll see what I can do to help you :)

Lisa B.