[TriLUG] Sendmail Relay

Hite, Danny Danny.Hite at per-se.com
Fri Jan 9 13:50:31 EST 2004

I have recently setup a server using a program called Document Gateway(DG).
This server is in a DMZ/SSN along with a Redhat 7.3 server running
sendmail/phpbb. The DG allows notification of file changes, uploads, etc...
and I would like to use the sendmail box as a relay for these messages. The
phpbb server is already using sendmail for the forum post notifications
without problem.

I have found this...

http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.27
<http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.27>

...and...

http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html
<http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html>

Here's my...

/etc/mail/access

localhost.localdomain                 RELAY

localhost                                   RELAY

127.0.0.1                                   RELAY

192.168.169.3                            RELAY   <<< IP of the DG

/etc/mail/relay-domains

192.168.169.3

[DHite at Forum-DH mail]# rpm -qa sendmail

sendmail-8.11.6-15

Oh, and I do restart the sendmail service after the changes. :-)

The Document Gateway log files tell me that the connection is refused. The
DG product uses postfix, but I only have limited configuration options. It
can't act as a relay.

Jan  9 13:10:28 dg postfix/smtp[53990]: 0CE0994C10:
to=<Test.User at company.com>, relay=none, delay=47408, status=deferred
(connect to 192.168.169.4: Connection refused) << RH 7.3 box

Thanks for any help

Danny Hite

MCP

Network Administrator