[TriLUG] broadband option in the Triangle area

Jeff Patterson pattersonjeff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 21:40:29 EDT 2004

Greeting fellow future TriLuger's!
I'm about to move to the Raleigh area within 1 month.  I would like to
get some recommendations for broadband in the area (who to check out,
who to avoid, etc).
Things that are important:
speed (UL/DL)
reliability
uptime

I would really prefer DHCP, but a static IP would be even better.  I
keep seeing info that suggests PPPoE is the trend in the area (am
moving from Denver).

So far what I've found in the area is BellSouth, Time Warner cable,
Sprint.  Is there anything else?  Any/all suggestions feedback would
be very appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Jeff