[TriLUG] Postfix v QMail ?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 17 07:56:25 EDT 2005

<Wow to Aaron's very complete answer...>

Depends on what you want to do. For General use Postfix is great and
works with everything. Qmail has some really nice features that come out
of the box... but it is not technically Open Source (so I don't use it).

Qmail and Exim have some very nice virtual domain features that are
harder to config in Postfix. So if you are going with a web hosting
model then Exim is fine (as is Qmail).

Really though, Postfix, Exim,Sendmail, and Qmail all work great so it is
just a matter of picking one and learning it.

Sorry for the non-answer. Take care - Jon