[TriLUG] OT: Graphics Editing

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 09:32:48 EDT 2005

I am having trouble printing an image on a report cover. (Or more
specifically, 300 report covers.)  My problem is this:  I am placing a
company logo onto the report cover and printing on light gray stock.
The company logo is not in a defined shape, so it has some 'white'
areas within the image frame and these areas show up as a light
rectangular shadow on the gray paper.  I tried using PSP to edit the
image and remove all of the white, but while it looks transparent on
the screen, the image still has the box-type background.

Does anyone know how to remove this?  How would someone printing
transparancies handle this problem?

I am doing this on an XP box & printing onto Kyocera printers.

Thanks,
Mark.