[TriLUG] Playing with RT Tracker

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Wed Aug 30 09:55:18 EDT 2006

If CentOS4 has the same versions of mod_perl and Perl modules as RHEL4,
which I assume it has, that might be causing you some problems. RHEL4
runs mod_perl 1.99, which seems to be very similar to mod_perl2, but
isn't and causes some confusion for other mod_perl dependant modules and
code. The mod_perl guys did rename modules for mod_perl 2, but that
isn't surprising as it was a big change. But with Red Hat sticking to
1.99 you get the old naming with new interfaces. What a mess! Your error
about not being able to find apache2::something is indicative of this
situation.

The only way I could things to work under mod_perl was to install
Perl modules via rpm's packaged for RHEL ... nothing 3rd party.

Another alternative would be to install from source and make sure you
really are running mod_perl 2 under Apache 2. CPAN is your friend.

Owen