[TriLUG] Linux on Compaq Presario Laptop...

Jason S. Evans tgeek at geekspaces.net
Thu Jan 18 17:28:26 EST 2007

   Mike,

   I recently picked up an HP ZE4200 with similar specs and I
installed KUbunutu 6.10 and I am happy to say that it works very
well.  I've tried three different wifi cards and the OS found them
immediately with no driver fuss and the speed is pretty decent also.
Especially if you install XFCE.  You can also download the Radeon
drivers to have at least some 3D acceleration.

--
Best Regards,
Jason Evans