[TriLUG] Advice on an ultra-light notebook

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Wed Jan 16 14:29:13 EST 2008

Is the battery life poor, just because the battery is old?  You could
get a new battery, or have your old battery "refurbed".

I have the Sharp MM20 and my stock battery was down from about 4hrs
of life to 1 hour of life.  Unfortunately they don't make the
batteries any more but I did find this site:

http://www.batteryrefill.com/laptops/sharp/CE-BL23.phtml

There service was fine, and I got my battery back pretty quick.  It's
now back to it's original charge time.  I will warn you though, when
they say cosmetic damage, they aren't kidding.  The think looks like
it was run over by a bulldozer and then cleaned up using a couple
sticks of dynamite to blast off the big pieces of plastic.  Ok, maybe
not that bad, but it's definitely not pretty, but when installed in
the laptop it's almost completely unnoticeable.

Just another option for you.