[TriLUG] XML editing

Robert Dale robdale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 07:42:46 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org> wrote:
> I'm curious if there is an editor similar to Quanta that understands XML
>  like Quanta understands HTML. I have some XML's to update and would
>  prefer not to use vim since I'm not as familiar with XML.

You could try the emacs of the modern, GUI world: Eclipse.  Eclipse
and/or MyEclipse have xml editors that work in tree mode and text
mode, with suggest-as-you-type, autocompletion, auto-closing tags,
validation, generate xml from dtds, xsd even with optional
attributes/elements and dummy values.

If you get Eclipse, I think you have to have Web Tools Project (WTP)
installed to get all the xml editing features.
MyEclipse comes with everything.

Eclipse is open source.  MyEclipse is a commercial variation for a small fee.

Eclipse: http://www.eclipse.org
MyEclipse: http://myeclipseide.com/

--
Robert Dale