[TriLUG] Sendmail questions:

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Jan 15 11:22:51 EST 2009

Forgive me for perhaps stating the obvious solution that you have already
considered - why not just split the list into sub-lists with no more
than 500 in each list, then send one list every hour?

Some simple scripting should be able to achieve that somewhat painlessly
and still be smart enough to handle increasing list sizes.

Chris

>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Ron Young <ronyoung at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>>> I have a situation where we need to send about 800 emails to a customer
>> list
>>> about every quarter.  The email server is located at a commercial site,
>>> iPower that also hosts the web site.  They have a 500 email per hour
>> limit
>>> when they lock the email account.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services