[TriLUG] Fighting Ubuntu Desktop + KVM + network bridging

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Jul 29 04:50:24 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:29:17AM -0400, Jason Herr wrote:
> Not really.  Both are hypervisors and both have a form of this issue.
> You're using a hypervisor configuration tool that is automatically
> providing what I need.  I'm betting your running RHEL(CentOS) or Fedora.
>  They're a bit ahead in that area.

Not actually.  I am running an old version of Xen, in rPath Linux.  All
of this functionality is natural to Xen, because it is needed, no
configuration tool required.

That's why I said that it might not help, since you are running KVM,
although I am surprised that they expect you to manually set up
interfaces for your child virtual machines.  How do they expect
communication with those children?

Brian