[TriLUG] Astronomy Days

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Tue May 15 12:11:46 EDT 2012

I'm interested in helping out with this.  I am pretty involved in
amateur astronomy, use only OSS for it, and am even working on a
project of my own that will hopefully be of huge benefit to the
community.

I've volunteered at Astronomy Days a couple of times as a member of
the Chapel Hill Astronomical Observation Society (CHAOS).  The museum
gets a LOT of people coming through on those weekends, so it would be
a good opportunity to target a new audience.  Depending on the
weekend, I recall numbers as high as 16k visitors over two days.

Michael