[TriLUG] Silly Survey about a dash or a minus in a command line option

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 18:47:07 EST 2013

Hahahahaha, agreed, but he is not a sys admin, he is an older Engineer and he sincerely wanted to know what Sys Admins call it. He was using minus, and I agree, that Minus gives a subtraction perception amd in my experience people that use minus tend to be people not used to communicating with Sys Admins, which is why I specifically asked this group.

So far the dashes are winning.

My logic for using dash is that it is just shorter to pronounce and makes communication quicker.