[TriLUG] TimeWarner vs ATT

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri May 24 03:10:16 EDT 2013

DSL and Cable modems are very different, not just electrically, but also in
protocols, so your DSL modems won't work with cable Internet.

That done with, the compatible cable modems list has a few that can be had
for ~$20 on ebay. Or pay the $4/month to lease theirs.

There are no reasonable alternatives at this point, though perhaps in 5-10
years there will be a wireless internet provider worth paying for, but
they'll have to manage the latency issues first.

--
Joseph Tate