[TriLUG] Experiences with ThinkPad W540/other recent laptop workstations?

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Sun Jul 6 19:15:02 EDT 2014

Matthew,
Here is a snippet from a previous Trilug post, I believe from when you were
researching before, I still have it. Actually I am about to Craigslist it
but I would prefer to hand it off to a someone comfortable with Linux,
because I don't plan on re-installing Windows.

I have a Samsung Series 900x3b for $600 OBO. Easiest Linux Mint install I
have ever experienced, which I speculate is due to Samsung's history with
Linux based products such as Chromebooks and Android devices. Deal includes
an external Samsung DVD drive that plugs in via usb. I thought it was an i7
but all the specs online say i5. It is about a pound lighter than a Macbook
Air. As for traveling, it feels about like an ipad but the screen is over
13 inches. It is thinner than my cellphone.
I really like it but I have not been using it much. I don't recall having
any problems at all. Everything just worked fine

I am asking $600 but don't hesitate to send me your best offer after doing
your research. I might have a CompUSA warranty but can't remember.