[TriLUG] [way OT] new auto recommendations (fwd)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 00:50:10 EDT 2014

On 10/17/2014 07:38 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Steve Litt wrote:
>
>> I heard from a mechanic that Focus and Sable transmissions blow up
>> early. Have you had any transmission problems at all
>

> I've hadtwo Tauruses, one 199x, the tranny had to be rebuilt at 200k
> miles, the 2002, the trany had to be rebuilt at 125k miles. The 2002
> car, the transmission is quite small. The Ford user groups on the
> internet are full of the problems of the current Ford transmissions. You
> have to plan to rebuild them

I was lucky to have company cars for almost 30 years. My service
territories were all out west. So, I could put 100K miles on one in less
than a year. We turned them in at about 150K miles. I had the best luck
with Ford Taurus. All I ever needed to do with one was change the oil
routinely. I crisscrossed the Continental Divide several times a day.
The Taurus held up nicely. But, I cannot attest to recent models. Ric

Linux user# 44256