[TriLUG] Items to give away

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Feb 11 15:25:56 EST 2015

One place I went to school had a Univac "remote terminal" that had a
printing terminal, a keyboard, and the world's slowest punched card
reader connected to the 1108 across campus at some weirdball speed like
150 baud.
The font was on the outer flat edge of a ring that spun in front of the
paper while the wheel moved left to right.  A hammer struck the paper
from behind at just the right moment. The registration was perfect. I
can't recall if it had a ribbon or whether the wheel ran across some
kind of ink applicator from a reservoir. The wheel was maybe 3" in diameter.

-Pete