[TriLUG] unetbooti

Andy Random via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 24 22:00:03 EDT 2015

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG wrote:

> I suspect unetbootin is similar to the install done by the pendrive
> site. I got a multibooting persistent usb stick out of the pendrive site
> once, but it took a couple of days and it was fiendishly difficult. I
> won't be doing it again.

I've had good success with the Fedora liveusb-creator

https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/

Last time I used it was to create a USB bootable version of the latest
Mint release, but I've also used it to create other bootable USB sticks in
the past.

It has a persistent storage option, though I admit I've not tried it as
that wasn't my use case.

There is a Windows executable and source code available on the above site.

   Andy