[TriLUG] unetbooti

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Apr 25 16:30:43 EDT 2015

> I have had very mixed result creating bootable USB thumb drives.

The last time I tried to create a multi-boot USB stick, I
ran into the strangest requirements.  I had to use a Windows
tool to make sure the files on the disk were written as a
single contiguous block, totally unfragmented.  For some
reason, the bootloader code needed the images to be stored
that way on the media itself... apparently it just read the
beginning address and then mapped the blocks directly into
some sort of virtual CDROM driver.

Once I crossed over into that kind of voodoo territory, I
lost interest.

Alan