[TriLUG] WIFI EAP-TTLS connection issue

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Sep 5 14:49:22 EDT 2015

Mainstream maybe, but more so the distros designed more for people coming
from OSs that hide more of the base layers from you.  Ubuntu and yes Mint
as well.  We have two more Mint instances in this house to swap out for
debian.  Thankfully debian now comes with cinnamon and mate desktop options
for those in the family hat have gotten used to those.  Although cinammon
has been buggy.  Frankly everyone in this house that needs a more hand
holding WM/DE is starting to get used to gnome 3.  I must confess gnome3 is
not bad if that is what you want.  I would definitely take it over unity.
Personally I have moved over 100% to openbox for my wm.

But the main base distros I find to be sane safe places to start if you
know what you are doing or are willing to rtfm with maybe a friend to hold
your hand.  Debian, Fedora, Slack, Arch, and heck OpenSUSE and FreeBSD can
do just about whatever you ask of them if you are willing to do it
yourself.  They all make great desktop environments, well BSD not as much.
Most of them are also good server environments.  It is one of the reasons I
like using just plain debian so much as I find it is very easy to translate
to both environments.

Ken