[TriLUG] Front End for PostgreSQL

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 9 09:53:29 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 07:57:54AM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> I don't want a Web-based application. Everything must reside on a local computer. And because the application will be primarily used by a non-coder, and I want them to be able to make minor changes in the data entry form and report-generating options, anything that requires creating scripts/code is out of the question
>
> Approach uses a .dbf file so it appear the LibreOffice may work.
> I wish there was a Linux application that used the X-Base/dBase format.  They all seem to have gone by the wayside.
>
> It appears that PostgreSQL may be fine for me to experiment with, but it won't satisfy my needs.

Brian,

I'm not sure that I understand the connection between the Database,
PostgreSQL, and your goal.

How does PostgreSQL not fit your needs for a database that can support
data entry with forms?

In the mean time, you might want to look at ( in no particular order ):

http://www.sqlmaestro.com/products/postgresql/phpgenerator/
and particularly:
http://www.sqlmaestro.com/products/postgresql/phpgenerator/feature_matrix/

also: