[TriLUG] I just got my 15 minutes of fame

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 26 08:46:39 EDT 2015

On 10/24/2015 01:15 PM, Steve Litt via TriLUG wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just got my 15 minutes of fame, and I'm so proud I busted my
> suspenders:
>
> http://asaturdayrant.blogspot.com/2015/10/oh-cry-me-river-steve.html

Hi Steve,

Based on the preamble, Mr. Canton is a rant cannon that fires every 7
days, and has apparently gone off nearly a thousand times.  The pressure
to produce a reasoned screed so relentlessly is bound to result in
embarrassment.

Due to substantial problems with the early versions of the APSL
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/historical-apsl.en.html>, followed by the
2.0 version's incompatibility with GPL, it's not surprising that the
Linux community decided to look elsewhere after Launchd was rolled out.

It's hard to even tell which swath of the Linux community he's
attempting to smear, with his accusations of being luddites, hating
Microsoft, or having neoconservative aspirations.  Sability?  Red Star?
GoboLinux?  Puppy?  Ubuntu Satanic?  Maybe he's referring to the Suicide
Linux community?  I'd have to agree with him there.

I regularly use VMWare running on OSX to run three Linux distributions
and two versions of Windows, for my work.  I have no idea how I've
lasted this long...

   Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote