[TriLUG] Interior security camera

Peter Neilson via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 28 13:12:04 EDT 2016

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:48:26 -0400, Matt Flyer via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> He was fired the next day.
>
> Instead of a camera, are there any 'low tech' solutions, such as I did
> above, that you could employ?

One fine day back when my employer's PDP-7 computer with a 7-megabyte drum
was Really Something To Write Home About, I was talking to the manager of
a 7-11 store, "How's business?" and all that. He said that the employees
were stealing from the registers.

No high-tech solutions there, for sure, not in 1973.

A month or so later I was at the same 7-11 and there was a new manager. I
asked about the theft problem. "Oh. Yes. We moved that manager to a
different store. The theft problem followed him. He'll be doing time, if
the trial goes well."

High-tech is not necessary.