[TriLUG] ATT fiber installed and gateway/routing problem

Christopher Merrill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Dec 4 17:14:28 EST 2016

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 4:54 AM, David Burton via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> The 5268AC apparently does support a "DMZ+" mode, in which external traffic
> is all routed to a particular LAN IP address. That's probably sufficient
> for some people. However, that would not be sufficient for me, since I need
> to route different ports to different LAN addresses.

Well, the on-screen docs for the AT&T-supplied Pace 5268AC say:

"Allow all applications (DMZplus mode) - Set the selected computer in
DMZplus mode. All inbound traffic, except traffic which has been
specifically assigned to another computer using the "Allow individual
applications" feature, will automatically be directed to this computer. The
DMZplus-enabled computer is less secure because all unassigned firewall
ports are opened for that computer."

So you can still route specific ports to other computers. If those services
also need the NAT reflection, then you'd still be out of luck.

Chris

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-845-7601 x701                       |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services