[TriLUG] Display adapter and cable to monitor

David Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 2 13:03:51 EST 2017

I got a reply back from EVGA.

I asked:

> *Your video adapter product listings seem to just say "HDMI," with no
> indication of the version. Can you tell me which ones support HDMI 2.0, and
> which ones support only HDMI 1.4?*

They replied:

HDMI 2.0 was standard on the 900 series and up.

> *900 Series:*GTX 950
> GTX 960
> GTX 970
> GTX 980
> GTX 980 TI
> Titan X
>
> *10 Series:*GTX 1050
> GTX 1050 TI
> GTX 1060 (3GB and 6GB)
> GTX 1070
> GTX 1080.
> Keep in mind that none of these are low profile however. The GTX 1050
> <http://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1050>
>  and 1050 Ti
> <http://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1050+Ti> single
> fan models, while not low profile, only need a 300 watt power supply.
> Also keep mind the 700, 900 and 10 series cards need a UEFI VBIOS
> compatible motherboard to work.
> If you have futher questions, feel free to contact us anytime.
> Regards,
> EVGA.

The cheapest of these at Intrex is the nVidia GeForce GTX950 for $140.

They're a bit less at NewEgg:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20601107673%20600536666%20601201888&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&PageSize=96&order=PRICE

Dave