[TriLUG] Display adapter and cable to monitor

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 2 18:00:34 EST 2017

Thank you all for the interesting discussion. ( and information )

Since the machine is currently running ( I am using it to drive this
conversation ), I can't look at the card itself, but it has three
connectors, DVI, HDMI and VGA.

lspci, lshw and X.0.log all show more information than I gave, but
support what Ron suggested, that a newer card would be worthwhile.

As I said, a DP -> DVI or DP -> HDMI are of no use to me with this card.

>From what I can see, the monitor treats the three input connectors as
separate devices, inputs.

It is a "HP Pavilion 32-inch QHD Wide-Viewing Angle Display" which has
two HDMI and one DP input, maximum and native resolution of 2560x1440.

I thought that I had written this earlier, when I started this message
about four hours ago, but I think that the suggestion that I get a newer
card is the correct one.

Thanks again,
Brian