[TriLUG] Improvements for my church's network

James Jones via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 19 15:20:24 EDT 2017

All,

Recently purchased a Linksys LGS318 smart switch for the church's LAN.
My knowledge of managed/smart switching is at beginner's level.

The church wants to live stream the video of our Sunday Morning
Worship Service. The computer that will supply the video stream to the
internet has relatively good speed with a 1 gigabit network interface.

Would it be good to use link aggregation to improve the throughput or
reliability to the internet? If so, I would need to add another
gigabit nic interface to the computer, wouldn't I?

Any advice for achieving Link aggregation would be helpful.

Is there a how to that you can recommend that will help me get started
with this?

--

Jc Jones kk4vus